Thursday, January 10, 2013

Yule decorations

This year I added a few new decorations to the Yule collection. Plus I am going to show you a few of my favorites :) Our Yule decorations are very nature themed and very pagan, all four elements are represented on our tree as well as many seasonal symbols.
Yule gnome :)
Isn't he adorable :) I got this skiing gnome and a gnome ornament like him for the tree as the newest additions to my Yule decor collection.
Gnome tree ornament.
Ceramic Ptarmigans
 These were a gift from a very dear friend. They remind me of where I grew up in the North west territories.
Candy Joy

Ceramic Yule candle holder.  I love this piece!! I found it at the local second hand store I was so thrilled. It says 1972 on the bottom the year I was born.

Gold glass maple leaf. A gift from my Mom two years ago
Green glass leaf. I have multiples of these I found them on clearance at wal mart a few years ago. I couldn't believe my luck. I have them in brown and silver too

Another lucky clearance find from about four years ago Pine cones. I got six bunches at 50 cents a piece. I love to shop for Yule decorations after the season is over and everything is on clearance :)

one of the brown glass leaves

I bought these almost 20 years ago. Silver for the Goddess and Gold for the God. I bought six of each at the time and only have two of each left :(

Gold for the God. They ring like bells :)

Glittery little birds

Father Yule. Meadow keeps insisting we put an eye patch on him lol

Dragonflies


Willowtree and I made these shell ornaments when she was very little.
I just really love the word JOY

Raven reminds us of our ancestors and the darkness they feared at this time of year.

Glittery red apple. The Apple is a Goddess symbol and a very special symbol in the tradition we practice. I have alot of apple ornaments on the tree in red, green, silver and gold

Ceramic bat ornaments remind us of the darkness of this time of year

Holly ornament

Fae bells to honor the Fae


I have these in pink as well they are to represent the minions :)

Oak ornament
Yule tree 2012
Yule mantle
Evergreen and holly garlands bedeck the house inside and out and many ornamental snowflakes and icicles hang from the ceilings and doorways as we welcome back the light!

No comments:

Post a Comment